Learning & Such
Navigating Natural Traditions
Natural veterinary care solutions open doors for learning and exploring natural humxn health as well. Emisha Wellness is a community recognizing there are many paths to health & wellness. However we believe connection to some of the ancient traditions can help improve our lives & health now. This page shares some of the wisdom & knowledge we've gathered on the journey which assist in caring for companion animals and ourselves.
Pet Parent Discussion
With almost 50% of dogs over the age of 10 developing cancer and 25% of cats developing cancer in their lifetime, exploring ways to prevent it and boost their immune systems is worth it.
Medicinal mushrooms can be an ally in this discussion. And although we don't fully understand them, some of their nutritional and medicinal attributes have been recognized for thousands of years. With a good safety profile & effectiveness, the list of knowns continues to grow:
Mushrooms can be immune supporting & boosting through immune-modulation. They also hold anti-inflammatory abilities. Mushrooms are also known for their cancer fighting properties. In fact, for over 30 years, Japan & China have approved medicinal mushrooms as medications supporting standard cancer treatments.
In Asia, there are more than 100 types of mushrooms used to treat cancer. Some of the more common ones are Lentinus edodes (shiitake), Ganoderma lucidum (reishi), Poria cocos (Poria), Trametes versicolor (turkey tail), and Grifola frondosa (maitake).
Pet Parent Disscusion
The majority of senior dogs & cats experience arthritis & other painful inflammatory diseases. CBD not only addresses inflammation & pain but can also support immune and neurological functions as well, (to name a few). With the evidence & safety profile of CBD, it should be included in discussions with vet professionals & also a go-to for additional resource.
The following are suggested questions to help understand the safety & efficacy before purchasing CBD for a pet:
1. Is the hemp grown organic?
2. Was full spectrum or broad spectrum used? (Both full & broad retain natural terpene and cannabinoid profiles, broad only differs in that all trace of THC is removed.)
3. What is the amount of CBD per dose?
4. What is the suggested dose for my companion animal? (CBD can be used with almost all mammals.)
5. Will the CBD be as a general health supplement to combat inflammation? Used for pain? Or a particular disorder?
Activated Charcoal dTox
It's probably inevitable at some point for a pet to eat a substance, food or medication that is harmful and toxic to them. In addition to calling a vet professional, having activated charcoal in the home toolbox is one that should be researched and considered for certain situations.
Learn more here and the following link offers additional information: https://betterpet.com/activated-charcoal-for-dogs/
Mushrooms are magical.
Current list for exploring expansion, wisdom, knowledge with different media.
Watch, Listen, Read
BY DR. IHOR BASKO
Detox Shiitake Smoothie
Liquefy the following ingredients in a blender:
• 4 oz. Beef liver, raw (organic or grass-fed)
• 4 oz. Carrot or wheat grass juice, fresh
• 1 Egg, raw
• 1 Tablespoon Brewer’s yeast
• 1 teaspoon Spirulina or Chlorella powder
• 1 cup Shiitake “tea”*
Cats: 1 Tablespoon, 3X daily
Dogs: ½ ounce per 10 lbs body weight, 3X daily
* Soak ½ cup dried Shiitake mushrooms, or 1 Tablespoon Shiitake mushroom powder, in 1 cup water. Soak for 1 hour if using hot water, or overnight if cold water. Do not strain.